1. We would love to know a little bit about you both.
Hi, I am Court. I am Canadian born with a Bachelor of Interior Design, deep down I wish I was a Kardashian and I love a good afternoon nap.
I am part owner of Bone and Blanc Interiors where I would say my role is more focused on the logistics and tech side of the business.
Hi, I am Riss. I have a Diploma of Interior Design and am addicted to the show friends. I am a free spirit who is known for thinking out loud when creating amazing designs for our clients.
Together they make the perfect combination, balancing each other and thriving on each other’s passion for design.
2. Tell us about your big break – that holy shit moment in your career.
We totally went HOLY SHIT when we won Darren Palmers Instagram live competition. We won the opportunity to have an Instagram
interview LIVE with Darren Palmer and promote our business which had just started. That moment we turned to each other and just went – this is it!!! haha
3. Where do you get most inspired?
Our inspiration comes from meeting the clients during our first consult with them. They inspire us to create their dream homes.
4. What is your favourite piece from Atley.co?
We LOVE the ceramic arc when styling our projects and the Leather and Oak magazine rack is a beauty! Atley.co know how to create simply beautiful pieces.
Image Credit The Palm Co
4. One thing that makes you truly happy?
Seeing our clients face when their house has finished being built and all their dreams have come true.
5. How do you deal with work stress?
We really do rely on each other when it comes to stress. Helping each other out as best friends do. We are so grateful.
6. Name a book or movie everyone should read or watch? And why?
It’s no secret that we both love the tv show friends. Everyone should at least watch the series once in their life.
7. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Riss and Court are actually our nicknames.
9. If you could only play one music album for the rest of your life what would it be?
We are very different with our music. Riss loves RNB hot hits and Court would be more into Country music.
10. Do you live by any piece of advice or motto?
Each day we make sure we start with a smile and a positive affirmation.
11. How should we handle someone copying our style?
We believe that if someone is copying your style it should be a positive reflection – it’s a compliment.
12. What’s your favourite Friday night tipple?
We do love a glass of wine on a Friday night.
13. Name somewhere you would love to live.
Send Riss to any European or tropical island and Court will go anywhere that isn’t cold and the sun shines all day.
14. Finish this sentence – homes have the power to :
Change the way you feel, the way you think, homes have the power to change your life!
15. What’s your advice for aspiring designers and stylists that you inspire?
For aspiring designers – DO IT! Become a designer. It is the best job in the world. We love that we get to design every day. Believe that you can do it and you will!
16. Why do you feel now (as a community), it is really important to get behind and support locally made?
It's such a crazy time at the moment, so it's really important for us as a community to step up and continue to get behind local creatives and support locally made to minimise the impact of covid on small businesses.