Interior decorator and stylist: Bea Lambos
1. We would love to know a little bit about you.
Hi, I’m Bea Lambos. I’m a Melbourne based interior decorator and stylist at Bea + co
2. Tell us about your big break – that holy shit moment in your career.
After a long sickness I decided life was way to short and decided I’d pursue my styling dreams. Megan Morton’s “Science of Styling” cemented my decision. I felt like I’d finally found my tribe.
3. Where do you get most inspired?
Walking the streets, a fresh mag or two, travel, stores where I can touch + feel, restaurants, talking to other creatives.
4. What is your favourite piece from Atley.co?
That’s easy. The connection rings – Life would be lonely without connection..
5. One thing that makes you truly happy?
Impossible to name one. Smiles and laughs with family. A happy client. Travel and adventure. A beautiful meal. Hanging with friends.
6. How do you deal with work stress?
Exercise, sleep. A crappy novel. But not in that order!
7. Name a book or movie everyone should read or watch? And why?
I’m hopeless in both genres. But a good mag is golden too. Elle Décor, Domino, Living etc, Monocle, you’ll need to stop me!!!
8. What annoys you most? And why?
Self doubt. Thought I’d have it sorted by now.
9. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Bea is actually my nickname since I was about 5 or 6 and it’s stuck ever since. Lucky I like it!
10. If you could only play one music album for the rest of your life what would it be?
Like my book choices, I’m a complete dud at being true to only one. But I love music, have it on all day and jump from one genre to another at a whim. Jazz, pop, classical, hip hop, r+b I’m there.
11. Do you live by any piece of advice or motto?
A new motto I heard recently “I lead with kindness and generosity” I really love this and think about it everyday.
12. How should we handle someone copying our style?
When you put yourself out there then this is inevitable. But no one can truly copy, style is something that is intrinsic and individual, so just keep doing you.
13. What’s your favourite Friday night tipple?
Hello whisky sour with a maraschino cherry!
14. Name somewhere you would love to live.
In my new house. It suits us all perfectly. But I do have Europe in my sights one day. Dreams are good right?
15. Finish this sentence – homes have the power to:
Excite and inspire and make you complete. But only when you give them respect and kindness and inhabit them with love.
16. What’s your advice for aspiring designers and stylists that you inspire?
Get out and about and meet others in the industry. Show your strengths and trust in your gut and always lead with kindness and generosity.
17. Why do you feel now (as a community), it is really important to get behind and support locally made?
Our world has gotten smaller, more community focused and reliant. So many industries are doing it tough. But we are also surrounded by so much ridiculous talent. We don’t need to go far to find beauty.